Before you start your workout routine, one must remember to do warm-up or stretching exercises to prevent straining of the muscles. 10 minutes is recommended for warm-up session. Watch the workout videos here.
Choose a time to perform your workout that will be easy and most likely to be done. Once you have identified the time to exercise, stick to the schedule every day. Choose exercise that will be fun and challenging. There are also a number of preventive measures and tips to serve as recommendations when doing fitness exercises. Here are some workout tips:
1. To increase your overall flexibility and to avoid personal injuries, stretch before and after workout. Every person knows that stretching before exercise prevents injuries during the workout, but only few people know that stretching right after workout, when muscle tissues are still warm, can increase flexibility.
2. Hold your stretching position for more than 1 minute to increase flexibility. While holding the stretched position for 20 seconds is enough for warm ups, holding each position for at least 60 seconds will develop the body’s flexibility.
3. You must not go into a stretching position then right after return to the relaxed position, and do it repeatedly. Usually, this is called bouncing while in a stretched position. When stretching, maintain that position for a few seconds, and then gradually relax. You can continue to stretch this way for a few sets. Bouncing or pushing yourself into a position during stretching can injure your joints or muscles.
4. Perform your exercises slowly in increments rather than immediately proceeding to doing the most challenging exercise or position.
5. It is good to stretch and warmed up all the muscle groups in your body. Even if you have strong physique, you should not neglect the neck when working out of stretching. Stretching the neck muscles can be as easy as placing the palm of one’s hand against the frontal area of the head and putting pressure on it. Then, repeat the same to the sides and the back of the head.
6. Stretch regularly to continuously increase your array of movements and your degree of strength and flexibility.
7. Follow your own capabilities and not of others when you perform your workout routines. Do not push yourself to do exercises that you are not capable of just because others can do it. Improve your limits gradually. Listen to your body. Sometimes, your body may be too exhausted that you may have to consider cutting down your range of motion.
8. Rest in between sets and routines to make sure that your physique has sufficient time to recover its energy. Learn to rest. It is advisable that you do not exercise the same muscle groups consecutively for two days. The muscles grow during the rest period and not when you are exercising.
10. You can use music to help you train for longer time or to increase your intensity. You can use Ipod player and a headset so you would not disturb others who don’t prefer music while exercising.